4 Reasons Why The Next-Generation 2023 Ford Super Duty Is The Most Capable F-Series Lineup Yet!
Ford Motor Company, the leading truck manufacturer in America, debuted the all-new 2023 Super duty F-Series lineup of pickup trucks and chassis cabs this week. Completely redesigned inside and out, every Super Duty is built with incomparable performance and work capabilities, the latest state-of-the-art technology, and a suite of cloud-based services for increased productivity levels. With the all-new 2023 Super Duty, you’ll get a lot more than just a truck; you get a whole new way to work. Let’s break down what’s new for the 2023 Super Duty and four reasons why it’s the most impressive model to date.
Ford has announced that the new 2023 Super Duty lineup will be the most powerful F-Series, offering more towing, payload, torque, and horsepower than any heavy-duty full-size truck in it’s class. The 2023 lineup will offer the largest range of engines, including a new standard 6.8-liter V8 gas engine targeting more low-end torque to make starting on steep grades and merging onto highways easier. While the new 7.3-liter V8 is designed to deliver the best gas horsepower and torque in its class, and it achieves this goal with improved air intake and tuning. Lastly, the new, high-output 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel engine is equipped with a unique turbo and upgraded exhaust manifolds for increased power so that you can go longer between oil changes for maximum uptime on the job site.
With the new 2023 Super duty, customers and fleet owners do not have to compromise capabilities for functionality. And even though it looks great and offers luxury features, Ford’s primary goal for the new model year was to design the best work truck by making the complex parts of towing easier. Ford has yet to announce exact performance specs for the new 2023 model year, but they clearly intend to secure the best-in-class title across the entire F-Series lineup. As Ford claims, the new 2023 Super Duty is not “just best-in-class capabilities, but best all-around experience.”
Ford’s newest Super Duty comes standard with a 2.0-kilowatt auxiliary power system and the New Ford Pro Upfit Integration System, which makes adding special work equipment and operating accessories simple. It is also equipped with the Ford Pro connectivity feature, designed to increase efficiency and uptime for fleet and commercial vehicles. The 2023 Super Duty lineup is the first in the U.S. that offers 5G capability, enabling faster mapping, Wi-Fi hotspots for as many as ten devices, and Ford Power-Up software updates while driving. It also has a new Trailer Navigation feature that identifies the best real-time route for your work day based on trailer size.
With best-in-class payload capacity and towing capability for every trailer type, Super Duty helps customers confidently haul whatever they need with ease. New driver-assist technologies include:
- Trailer Navigation helps plan routes around the driver’s trailer dimensions and weight restrictions to avoid issues such as low bridges and tight turns.
- Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch help estimate cargo weight while guiding trailer tongue weight distribution on the center touchscreen or FordPass™ app.
- Available Blind Spot Information System for Fifth Wheel & Gooseneck can be attached to help identify when vehicles are next to a trailer alerting the driver through the side view mirrors.
- 360-Degree Trailer Camera System provides a complete perspective of the vehicle and trailer to make maneuvering in tight spaces easier eliminating blind spots
- Industry-First Available Tailgate Down Camera and Tailgate Down Reverse Sensing System provide alerts when the tailgate is down to make backing up or hitching a gooseneck or fifth-wheel trailer more accessible than ever.
- Pro Trailer Hitch Assist backs up the conventional hitch ball to the trailer receiver and aligns it automatically.
When driving such a powerful workhorse of a vehicle, the driver’s safety is not only a priority but those around them. Camera angles help achieve maximum protection, but Ford has taken it even further with new safety and security technology, including:
- Trailer Theft Alert sends a notification through the FordPass app if there is an attempt to disconnect the trailer when locked. New Vehicle Security is also available with Ford Pro Telematics.
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering when set to a preset speed, will automatically accelerate and brake.
- Fleet Start Inhibit allows drivers to schedule timeframes for when the vehicle can be started to improve fleet operations.
- Forward/Reverse Sensing System warns drivers of objects in front of or near the vehicle.
- Full-color head-up display keeps the drivers eyes on the road by showing necessary information in the line of sight.
- Front and Rear Brake Assist prevents low-speed collisions or hard-to-see objects.
Watch the Breakdown of Everything You Need to Know About the 2023 Super Duty
When Can I Custom Order the 2023 Super Duty?
Hang tight! The new SuperDuty is set to go on sale in 2023. Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, Michigan, will be the first to update you on the latest news on when order banks are opening. In the meantime, if you are in the market for a new car, SUV, or Truck, order banks for popular Ford models like the 2023 Mustang Mach-E, Bronco Sport, and more are open for custom orders! We also have a handful of popular models ready for immediate delivery and used cars prepared for you to drive off the lot today! We look forward to getting you behind the wheel of your dream car and helping you start your next adventure!